Archaeological Building Survey Rock House, Worsley, Salford. A Late Georgian House

Archaeological Building Survey Rock House, Worsley, Salford. A Late Georgian House 2015, Worsley, Greater Manchester.

[img]
Preview
PDF (Archaeological Building Survey Rock House, Worsley, Salford. A Late Georgian House) - Published Version
Download (12MB) | Preview

Summary / Description

The Centre for Applied Archaeology (CfAA) was commissioned by Mr Lea to carry out an archaeological building survey and research on the history and development of Rock House, Barton Road, Worsley (centred on NGR: SD 74800 00453; LB II, no. 1067483; GMHER 1501.1.0). It lies on the western bank of the Bridgewater Canal immediately south of Worsley Delph and the Worsley Road bridge at a height of c. 35m AOD. Rock House is a two-storey, brick-built, structure with a cellar. In plan it has a central hall and staircase and is two-rooms deep, with room spaces flanking either side of the hallway. There is a rear, northern, single-storey out building, on the roof of which is a water tank. The roof structure comprises a double pitch with a central gutter valley and gable chimneys.

Item Type: Applied Archaeology collection
Project name: Archaeological Building Survey Rock House, Worsley, Salford. A Late Georgian House
Type of work: Excavation
Date work completed: 2015
Location of work: Worsley, Greater Manchester
Period: Industrial
Depositing User: Kirsty Whittall
Date Deposited: 05 Oct 2017 14:44
Last Modified: 05 Oct 2017 14:44
URI: http://usir.salford.ac.uk/id/eprint/43924

Actions (login required)

Edit record (repository staff only) Edit record (repository staff only)

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year